Webinar: What Ag Producers Need to Know About the New Tax Law
3/28/2018 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM (CT)
Name: Alexis Abrahamsen
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 provided sweeping changes in tax law for businesses, trusts, and individuals. While much of the impact is beneficial for ag producers, it’s important to examine how the changes will impact your short-term and long-term goals.
Please join us for this complimentary webinar designed especially for ag producers, which will provide a high-level and practical look at the changes affecting tax year 2018 and beyond.
Topics will include:
- Repeal of the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT)
- Treatment of fixed asset purchases
- Interest expense limits
- Net operating loss (NOL) deduction limitations
- Tax credits – Research and Development, Work Opportunity, etc.
- Limited use of like-kind exchanges
- Section 179 and depreciation rules
- Selling to cooperatives
- Estate tax reform
With a greater understanding of the applicable changes, you’ll be better prepared for discussions with your tax professional about how you can best improve your tax position in 2018 and future years. There will be opportunity for Q&A.