1/19/2022 09:00 AM - 11:00 AM (CT)
Type: Live Webinar
CPE Credits: 2
Now more than ever, it’s incredibly important to have a trusted peer group of fiscal professionals to confer with about emerging trends and challenges in our field. Register now!
This series is designed for professionals who want to build a solid foundation of financial knowledge. Best practices will be explored in core financial areas.
Wipfli’s Financial Forums are designed to provide education in functional financial areas. Current trends and best practices will be discussed in an interactive environment. The Forums are a cohort of financial professionals with deep knowledge of grant funded entities, that will participate in each online session throughout the program year, allowing individuals to develop powerful and lasting professional relationships and to engage in group problem solving.
Discussion topics will be established by the forum group, allowing the group an opportunity to address topics affecting their operations. Possible topics include:
- Internal controls
- Allowable compensation and employee benefits
- Cost allocation methods
- Governing body financial responsibilities
- Financial reporting
- Financial management system
- Documentation and record retention
- Financial policies and procedures
- Allowable costs
- Identify the federal grant regulations (2 CFR Part 200) applicable to your financial operations
- Explore examples of internal controls
- Discuss financial process best practices for core financial areas
- Meetings are held monthly from January through November with the exception of July and are 2 hours in length.
- Professionally prepared topics are presented and discussions facilitated
- Written materials and supporting documents are distributed for each topic
Advanced Preparation: None
Field of Study: Accounting (Governmental)
My Wipfli Membership Service members automatically receive an additional $25 discount per registrant!
Payment: Payment is processed at the time of registration. Wipfli accepts AmEx, Discover, Visa, and Mastercard.
You will receive the webinar access information upon registration as well as reminders one day and one hour prior to the training. Materials will be available one (1) hour before the training until one (1) day after the training. When the materials become available, you can access them by clicking the Materials tab in the app or desktop Menu.
Certificate of Participation and CPE credit
- Each person attending the webinar who needs a certificate of participation / continuing professional education (CPE) credits (live webinars only).
- To receive a Certificate of Participation, participants must submit their keywords within 24 hours of the webinar:
- Complete the Survey (located in the Menu).
- Enter the “keywords” in the order the words were given during the webinar. We cannot provide the key words after they’ve been given.
- Upon receipt, the information will be verified and if accepted, you will receive a Certificate of Participation via e-mail within 14 business days.
National Registry of CPE Sponsors: Wipfli LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the national Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.
Instructional Delivery: Group Internet-Based. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaint, cancellation and refund policies, please contact our offices at 888.876.4992.REGISTER NOW