Need assistance with your loan application under the Payment Protection Program? Wipfli, our preferred accounting partner, is standing by to help.
Click here to start the process.
Frequently asked questions:
1. What is Ace's relationship with Wipfli?
Wipfli LLP is Ace's preferred accounting vender.
2. How do I get started?
You can engage with Wipfli through their secure online portal. To start the process, click here, and you will be redirected to Wipfli's site.
3. What if I am not a current client of Wipfli?
If you are not a current client of Wipfli LLP, Wipfli will establish a client relationship between you and the firm, through an expedited client acceptance process and will then receive an engagement letter and agent authorization form.
4. What if I am a current client of Wipfli?
If you are a current client of Wipfli, you start the process as noted above, and you will receive an email shortly with an attached Engagement Letter and agent authorization form. Please sign the documents and email them back to PPPLoan@wipfli.com. Your Wipfli engagement team will be in touch with you to assist you in processing your loan application.
5. What is an authorized agent?
Effectively, the program is designed by acknowledging Wipfli as your agent for this application, the cost of our assistance in completing and submitting the application is FULLY paid for by the SBA (by a required allocation to the agent of a portion of the fee paid to your lender). Your eligible loan amount and loan proceeds will NOT be reduced for our fee. While we are working closely with financial institutions across the country, there are financial institutions who have taken the position they will not accept applications through agents. If this is the case, we can still assist you through this process, however we will charge a nominal fee for providing our assistance.
6. What documentation will I need to provide?
- Copies of payroll tax reports file with the IRS (including Forms 941, 940, state income and unemployment tax filing reports) for the entire year of 2019 and first quarter of 2020 (if available) should be presented.
- Copies of payroll reports for each pay period for the preceding 12 months. Such reports should include gross wages including PTO (which might include vacation, sick and other PTO). This includes payroll reports through the pay period preceding the origination of the SBA loan.
- Documentation reflecting the health insurance premiums paid by the company under a group health plan including owners of the company for the immediately preceding 12 months prior to the date of the SBA loan origination. Copies of the monthly invoices should suffice.
- Documentation of all retirement plan funding by the employer for the immediately preceding 12 months. Copies of workpapers, schedules and remittances to the retirement plan administrator should be enough.
7. Once I am engaged, what is the next step?
Since time is of this essence in applying for this loan, once you are engaged, you will work with your assigned Wipfli relationship executive and team and can begin submitting the above items via Wipfli’s secure file portal. We prefer electronic submission instead of paper copies or email due to sensitive taxpayer information being contained in the requested files.