WORKSHOP HAS BEEN CANCELLED
If you are interested in a business continuity program assessment or a facilitated business continuity exercise, please contact Teri Behling directly at email@example.com. Thank you!
When an incident happens, how your leadership and teams respond will make all the difference. Exercising response and continuity plans improves resilience and gets people familiar with the decisions that need to be made and procedures to follow in response to a crisis. Please bring your bank’s business continuity and crisis response leaders and join Wipfli for a one-day workshop that will exercise your continuity plans in real-world business interruption scenarios such as ransomware and natural disasters.
Workshop fee: $1,500 per client; cost includes a business continuity program assessment and the facilitated business continuity exercise.
NOTE: Three to five people must be able to attend from your bank.
The cost will include the following:
- Business Continuity Program Assessment – A customized review and assessment of your bank’s Business Continuity Program. The assessment questions will be distributed to clients after registration. Questions must be completed and returned to Wipfli no later than two week after the workshop. The BCP Assessment results will be sent to the client within four weeks after the workshop.
- Facilitated Business Continuity Exercise – The exercise will simulate real-world disaster recovery scenarios, including a cyber-attack and a natural disaster. Each bank will be able to evaluate their individual plans and identify what should be included in the plans and ways to improve them.
All financial institutions are required to evaluate their risk management processes to ensure the availability of critical financial services. A tabletop exercise is a FFIEC recognized method to strengthen the business continuity plan content and validate the process and procedures that would occur during a disaster.
Exercise policy, strategy, planning, and methods are explained in the FFIEC IT Exam Handbook.
Business Continuity Workshop
This workshop is facilitated so each financial institution can review and modify their own business continuity and disaster recovery plans. The scenarios that will be discussed will probe:
- Executive response to and activities associated with particular incidents.
- The plan’s method for communication during a disaster.
- Evaluation of recovery locations for IT and the workforce.
- Discussion of critical business process work-around procedures.
- Identification of IT’s evaluation process for infrastructure problems, recovery priorities, and recovery strategies.
Who Should Attend
Three to five people from your bank who will benefit from a discussion of your current business continuity and disaster recovery plans, such as C-Level Executives, Compliance Officer, Audit/Risk Managers, Business Unit Leaders, and IT Leaders.
8:30 – 9:00 a.m. Registration
9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Business Continuity Workshop
Noon – 12:30 p.m. Lunch will be provided by Wipfli
Three dates and locations for your convenience:
November 6, 2018
Wipfli Milwaukee Office
10000 Innovation Dr.
Milwaukee, WI 53226
November 7, 2018
Sauk Valley Community College
173 Illinois Rt 2
Dixon, IL 61021
November 27, 2018
Wipfli Eau Claire Office
4890 Owen Ayres Court
Eau Claire, WI 54701
Teri Behling, Manager
Participants who register but neither attend nor cancel are charged for their full registration fee. Cancellations made after October 15, 2018, will be charged the full registration fee of $1,500. Call Mary Boortz at 715.858.6677 for questions about this policy.