The unique challenge of serving psychiatric patients requires more than tinkering with old systems. The Affordable Care Act and Mental Health parity require that health care systems include behavioral health in their planning for “Whole Person Care” and Value-Based Contracting. These policy changes provide unique opportunities for hospitals to rethink their strategies and determine how to “carve in” psychiatric services to their populations and improve care while reducing costs.
Consultation services include assistance in:
- Reducing emergency room boarding/wait times for psychiatric patients.
- Improving emergency room care and safety for psychiatric patients.
- Integrating behavioral health and primary care under various models.
- Decreasing unnecessary ED visits and hospitalizations for patients with behavioral health issues by building a continuum of care.
- Operations assessments with a performance improvement focus.
Where in the process is your health care organization in developing a strategic plan for creating a sustainable behavioral health program? Contact us. We can walk you through each step.