Attract and retain valued employees with a comprehensive benefits package, designed and administered by a proven team. Services cover everything from plan design and investment program selection, through implementation and record keeping, to plan participant and IRS and Department of Labor compliance reporting.
“Turnkey plan design delivers confidence and clarity for growing businesses of every shape and size.”
A comprehensive portfolio of services gives businesses a clear path to delivering benefits for employees and business owners. Experts provide plan documents to implement any plan design:
- 401(k) profit sharing plans
- Money purchase pension plans
- Defined benefit plans, including cash balance
- Cafeteria plans
- Wrap welfare benefit plans
- Deferred compensation plans
- Code Section 457 plans for tax-exempt employers
Knowledgeable professionals stay up-to-date on current developments, technology, tools, and resources to ensure plans meet the needs of employees and the employer, but also comply with IRS and DOL reporting and disclosure requirements. The specialized and dedicated staff focus on providing quality, proactive consulting, record keeping and compliance services for retirement and cafeteria plans, including:
- Processing employee census data for determining eligibility
- Vesting calculations, and calculating contribution allocations and processing deposits
- Reconciling of plan investment activity, including reconciliation of payroll contribution data to investment records
- Preparing a summary of participants’ accounts for the employer and account statements for participants
- Discrimination testing and monitoring contribution limits
- Preparing notice and election forms for terminated participants and processing distributions
- Reviewing and processing Qualified Domestic Relations Orders
- Preparing loan documentation and processing loan distributions and repayments
Clients’ IRS and DOL compliance needs are met with preparation of the following filings:
- Form 5500 and required schedules
- Audited financial statement for Form 5500 filings
Pamela R. Branshaw, CPA, CEBSPam is responsible for the development of the employee benefits practice for Wipfli. She manages a firmwide staff that provides comprehensive recordkeeping and compliance services for over 900 retirement plans and 50 cafeteria plans, as well as providing consulting and plan document services to types of benefit plans.
Steven A. Blom, CPC, QPA, QKA, ERPAWith over 25 years of experience, Steve has a gift for designing retirement plans that suit the unique needs of his clients, from small professional groups to large companies. He is adept at all aspects of qualified retirement plan administration including plan design, consulting, conversions, compliance testing, and government reporting.
Marci Boyarski, CPAMarci dedicates 100% of her time to employee benefit plan administration, audit, plan design, and consultation. With over 19 years of experience, she focuses on 401(k) plans, profit sharing plans, and employee stock ownership plans, as well as cafeteria and welfare plans.
Thomas Krieg, CPAWith over 20 years of experience, Tom is a leader of Wipfli’s employee benefits practice. Tom and his team of dedicated associates provide services primarily in retirement plan administration and design, welfare/cafeteria plans, health savings accounts, individual retirement accounts, and the Affordable Care Act. Tom’s expertise in employee benefit plans and income taxation, coupled with his knowledge of practical business strategies, has contributed to the success of his clients. He prides himself on his ability to identify and solve problems using a proactive and commonsense approach.