Karen A. Mitchell
Senior Manager, Risk Advisory Services
As senior manager, Karen Mitchell brings more than 25 years of experience in the financial services and nonprofit industries and brings both an industry and regulatory perspective to her work. Karen currently provides consulting services in the areas of risk management, particularly enterprise risk. She enjoys collaborating with clients and coworkers to develop strong working relationships and solve areas of potential concern. Karen values the opportunity to assist clients in obtaining the highest level of success by helping to identify and navigate the risks associated with achieving strategic objectives.
- COSO Enterprise Risk Management
Professional Memberships and Activities
- Illinois CPA Society (ICPAS) - Member
Areas of Focus
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Compliance management systems
- Financial technology (Fintech)
- Community banking
- Regulatory compliance audit
- Model validation
- Bachelor of science degree in international business - Graduated cum laude
- Master of business administration degree - Graduated magna cum laude
Podcast: How’s your ESG program?
Nov 16, 2021
How much risk are you taking on?
Jul 05, 2021
Podcast: ERM – What you should know
Sep 01, 2020
The polite walk around
Jun 12, 2020
An Ounce of Prevention . . .
Oct 28, 2019
Where Enterprise Risk Management Comes Into Play
Feb 28, 2019