Thomas J. Loring, CISA
As a senior manager in Wipfli’s risk advisory services practice, Tom Loring performs a variety of functions in internal controls, information technology (IT), and information security. He performs technology auditing in all areas of IT-related controls, including IT department organization and administration, daily operations, software change management, logical security, and physical security. Tom regularly performs System and Organization Controls (SOC) 1 and SOC 2 examinations, IT general control reviews, information risk assessments, and consulting for clients in a wide variety of industries including financial institutions, third-party data processors, statement printers, data centers, and more.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor
- HITRUST Certified CSF Practitioner
Professional memberships and activities
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) - Member
Areas of Focus
- SOC 1 and SOC 2 examinations
- Internal controls
- Information security
- Risk assessment
EducationUniversity of Southern Maine - Portland, Maine
- Master of business administration degree
- Bachelor of science degree in business administration with a concentration in accounting
Can a SOC exam help me grow my business?
Jun 11, 2020