Michael Prost, CPA, ABV, CFF, CVA, ASA
Mike Prost is a seasoned partner with over 44 years of experience in valuations of closely held companies; business consulting services, including expert witness testimony; and accounting, tax and other business advisory services for closely held business owners. He outlines methods and processes to improve profitability and provides valuation consulting and litigation support services.
Mike’s industry experience includes a wide range of services, with a strong emphasis on closely held businesses and professional practices. Industries include homebuilders, construction, real estate, medical and professional service firms, nursing homes, and other retail, manufacturing and distribution establishments.
Mike performs appraisals for buy-sell agreements, estate and gift tax planning, buying and selling of businesses, and equitable distribution of value in marital dissolutions and shareholder disputes. He has rendered litigation support services in wrongful-death, personal injury, breach of contract, forensic discovery, marital dissolution and various business/economic/damage cases, including lost-profit analysis and business interruption.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Accredited in Business Valuation
- Certified in Financial Forensics
- Certified Valuation Analyst
- Accredited Senior Appraiser
Professional memberships and activities
- Missouri Health Facilities Review Committee – Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Member
- Missouri Society of Certified Public Accountants (MOCPA) – Member
- American Society of Appraisers (ASA) – Member
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA) – Member
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) – Member
- Allinial Global – Former chairman, current board advisor
- Allinial Global – Strategic Planning and Nomination Committees – Member
- LeadingAge Missouri – Member
- Missouri Health Care Association (MHCA) – Member
- Bridgeway Behavioral Health – Board member