Robert Cottingham, CPA
Partner, Internal Mergers and Acquisitions
Robert Cottingham is the leader of Wipfli’s internal mergers and acquisitions team. Prior to this role, Bob was the firm’s National Geographic Market Leader and a tax partner in Wipfli’s Madison office. In addition, Bob serves on Wipfli’s Firm Compensation and Firm Partner and Principal Promotion committees.
In his current role, Bob is responsible for leading Wipfli’s growth plans as they relate to acquisitive growth. His scope of initiatives includes identifying potential target firms, developing relationships to determine whether there is a good fit between the firms, participating in deal negotiations, and leading the firm’s team involved with due diligence and integration of firms joining Wipfli.
In his client service role, Bob leverages more than 30 years of experience to help closely held companies and individuals manage their tax planning and compliance needs.
- Certified Public Accountant
Professional memberships and activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants (WICPA)
- Madison Club – Finance Committee Chair – Past Board Member
- United Way of Dane County Foundation - Board
- Downtown Madison, Inc. – Past Board member
- Madison Ballet - Past Board president and past treasurer
- UW-Madison Accounting Department - Past Advisory board member
ServicesCPA Tax Services
Areas of Focus
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Entity and individual tax planning and compliance
- Succession planning for closely held companies
EducationUniversity of Wisconsin-Madison
- Bachelor of business administration degree in accounting