Our pledge to diversity and inclusion
At Wipfli, we believe in a workplace — and world — where everyone feels included and diversity is embraced.
To foster that, we are committed to creating an environment where everyone is equally supported, empowered and encouraged.
A place where every associate feels their culture and identity are valued and respected.
A place where every voice matters.
We are respectful of each individual and the unique strengths and contributions each brings. We encourage diversity of thought because we know the more diverse the voices are, the stronger we are.
Managing Partner Kurt Gresens has signed the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion, joining more than 2,400 CEOs who have pledged to leverage their individual and collective voices to advance diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Our commitment to a diverse workplace is evident in our initiatives:
- Unconscious bias education
- Inclusion training
- Diverse business resource groups
Voices for associates
Our business resource groups give voice to, and elevate, issues inside our firm for diverse groups. We have launched four so far, with plans to add more.
- Accounting+: Wipfli has joined Accounting+, an industry collective effort to improve diversity in accounting by working to create a more diverse talent pipeline and helping more students discover opportunities in the profession.
- Hiring Our Heroes: Wipfli has an agreement with Hiring Our Heroes, a program of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation, that connects transitioning military service members, veterans and military spouses with American businesses through hiring events, digital programs, training fellowships and internships to develop a pipeline of talent ready to join the firm.
- Braven: Wipfli’s multicultural business resource group Embrace has teamed up with Braven to help high-potential college students develop transferrable skills that lead to a career path in business. Wipfli associates will serve as mentors to students from diverse ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds to help set them up for long-term success.
- Out in Tech: Wipfli has partnered with the world’s largest nonprofit community of LGBTQ+ techies. The firm joined Qorporate, Out in Tech’s corporate council, to recruit top talent and learn from peer organizations (more than 40,000 members) in the industry.
- Out in Finance: As a supporter of this volunteer-based nonprofit working to drive LGBTQ+ equality and inclusion within financial services, Wipfli joined their network of more than 1500 (and growing) individual LGBTQ+ finance professionals, potential clients, investors, business partners and other stakeholders to recruit, learn and build support for our peers in the industry.
- Disability inclusion: Wipfli is a financial supporter and partner with Disability:IN, a leading nonprofit focused on business disability inclusion. They work to expand employment opportunities for people with disabilities across a network of more than 500 organizations. The partnership helps Wipfli stay aware of best practices in meeting the needs and engaging effectively with current associates as well as strengthen the firm’s recruiting efforts.