Christopher Volz, CPA, ABV, CFF, ASA
Chris Volz has over 25 years of experience in working with closely held, middle-market companies and their owners, and this enables him to deliver a diverse and substantial array of services to help businesses realize their true value. His strong interpersonal skills play a critical role in helping business owners identify and implement solutions to various challenges their business is facing.
Chris has developed a well-rounded skill in financial statement audits, tax consulting, business process improvement consulting and valuation services. He has conducted valuation projects in many different types of businesses and industries, with an emphasis in manufacturing and distribution, ag production, financial services and healthcare. Chris uses the valuation process, along with his technical, planning and problem-solving skills, to not only develop a well-supported value conclusion but also help his clients identify and address other business factors and issues.
Chris’s strengths include his experience with mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property analysis, economic damage calculations and estate and gift taxes. He is also well-versed in the latest developments in the areas of discounts for lack of control and lack of marketability, and this is crucial to the support of valuation discounts when the IRS is involved.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Accredited in Business Valuation
- Certified in Financial Forensics
- Accredited Senior Appraiser
Professional memberships and activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Member
- Missouri Society of Certified Public Accountants (MOCPA) – Member
- American Society of Appraisers, St. Louis Chapter – Former president
- SSM Health St. Clare Hospital – Community advisory board
ServicesBusiness consulting services
Areas of Focus
- Business valuation
- Litigation services
- Transaction advisory
Truman State University
- Bachelor of science degree in accounting