Rick Dreher, CPA, MST
Rick Dreher served as managing partner and chairman of the board of Wipfli LLP from 2006-2019. During his tenure, he oversaw the vision, strategy, leadership, growth and overall performance of the entire firm. Rick led Wipfli’s evolution from an $87 million firm to a $360 million, top 20 accounting firm with advisory and consulting practices that have established it as a leader in the industry.
Rick identified and encouraged excellent leaders to build a strong vision for the firm’s direction and assist in achieving this transformation. In 2017, he and the leadership team launched Wipfli 2025, an ambitious, multipronged initiative dedicated to addressing current and future challenges and seizing opportunities to expand the business.
To create lasting, positive impact for clients, teams and communities, in 2008, Rick worked with the firm’s leaders to establish the Wipfli Way, a set of principles that serve as the firm’s cultural foundation. He also further developed its cultural shift toward serving with an outward mindset in order to better anticipate client needs in the face of ongoing disruption.
In 2013 and 2015, Rick was named one of INSIDE Public Accounting's Most Admired Peers. He is also an accomplished speaker and has delivered presentations to Allinial Global, the Institute of Management Accountants, AICPA, PKF International, PKFNA, Wipfli client groups, and various civic and charitable organizations.
- Certified Public Accountant
- MST (Masters in Tax)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
- Allinial Global International - Board of directors member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) - Board of directors member
- PKF North America - Past chairman and board of directors member
- Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants (WICPA) - Past board of directors member and current member