Rick Dreher, CPA, MST
Rick Dreher is the managing partner and chairman of the board of Wipfli LLP and oversees the vision, strategy, leadership, growth, and overall performance of the entire firm. As managing partner, he has led Wipfli’s evolution from an $87 million firm to a $360 million, top 20 accounting firm with advisory and consulting practices that have established it as a leader in the industry.
Rick identifies and encourages excellent leaders to build a strong vision for the firm’s direction and assist in achieving this transformation. In 2017, he and the leadership team launched Wipfli 2025, an ambitious, multipronged initiative dedicated to addressing current and future challenges and seizing opportunities to expand the business.
To create lasting, positive impact for clients, teams, and communities, in 2008 Rick worked with the firm’s leaders to establish the Wipfli Way, a set of principles that serve as the firm’s cultural foundation. He also further developed its cultural shift toward serving with an outward mindset in order to better anticipate client needs in the face of ongoing disruption.
In 2013 and 2015, Rick was named one of INSIDE Public Accounting's Most Admired Peers. He is also an accomplished speaker and has delivered presentations to Allinial Global, the Institute of Management Accountants, AICPA, PKF International, PKFNA, Wipfli client groups, and various civic and charitable organizations.
- Certified Public Accountant
- MST (Masters in Tax)
Professional Memberships and Activities
- PKF North America - Chairman-elect and board member
- PKF North America, Membership Committee - Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) - Council member
- Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants (WICPA) - Member
- Green Bay West Rotary Club - Past president and treasurer
- St. Mark Evangelical Lutheran Church - President and past treasurer
- Cerebral Palsy, Inc. - Past treasurer and chairman of the Budget/Audit Committee while serving on the board of directors