Michael R. Vesel, CPA
Mike Vesel is a partner in the Financial Services Practice at Wipfli. Mike was formerly the Financial Services Practice Leader and was responsible for the overall financial results, strategic direction, and development of services within the practice, as well as partner and associate development.
Mike spends almost all of his time working with financial institutions as well as assisting in the overall administration of the Financial Services Practice. He also oversees Wipfli’s financial institutions trust practice. Mike has extensive knowledge in several financial institution-related industry areas and previously was in charge of the audit and accounting group of Wipfli’s financial institutions practice.
Mike’s years of experience and recruiting and strategic planning background helps him to understand and provide value in a variety of client situations. His clients value his experience and responsiveness, and they often call him first when they have questions. Mike finds that his clients value his ability to objectively challenge them to think outside the box when making business decisions.
- Certified Public Accountant
Professional Memberships and Activities
- Wisconsin Bankers Association – Associate Member Advisory board member
- Wipfli’s Board of Directors – Past board member and vice chairman
- Wipfli’s Professional Employee Recruiting Committee – Past chairman
- Newman Catholic Schools – Current Newman Catholic Schools endowment trustee
- Everest Area Optimists – Past president and board member
- Bank on Wipfli Podcast – Host
ServicesAudit and Accounting
Areas of Focus
- Financial institution auditing and taxation
- Financial institution consulting
- Trust consulting, auditing and compliance
- Strategic planning and facilitation
EducationUniversity of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
- Bachelor of business administration degree in comprehensive public accounting
Podcast: Getting started with digital transformation
Feb 16, 2021
Podcast: CECL’s impact on financial institutions
Jan 25, 2021
Why does it take so long?
Nov 10, 2020
Do you really know how your partners can help?
Oct 19, 2020
Oct 07, 2020
Podcast: ERM – What you should know
Sep 01, 2020
Preventive maintenance: The key to saving money
Aug 11, 2020
Podcast: The future really is about liquidity
Jun 02, 2020
Podcast: Troubled Debt Restructurings TDRs
Apr 29, 2020
Do you have a plan?
Mar 31, 2019
Is it time to lose a little weight?
May 23, 2018
An Irish Perspective
Jul 25, 2017
Freezing Rain in the Forecast
Jan 24, 2017
There Is No Time Like the Present
Jul 20, 2016