BSA Workshop – Assessing and Managing Risk Webinar
5/24/2017 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM (CT)
Type: Live Webinar
Industry: Financial Institutions
Seats Remaining: 414
Name: Mary Boortz
The regulatory environment is changing! The Bank Secrecy Act regulation has implemented a fifth pillar with a mandatory compliance date of May 2018. Are you ready for the Beneficial Ownership Rule? We will guide you through the process and ensure your institution is compliant with the regulation. In addition, our speakers will address frequently asked CTR and SAR completion questions. We will also discuss how your institution can implement an exam-proof risk assessment.
Attendees will receive a copy of Wipfli’s BSA/AML/OFAC policy and procedure template, which has been fully updated to include the Beneficial Ownership Rule as it relates to CIP, CDD, and CTRs.
Who should attend?
BSA Officers, Backup BSA Officers, Compliance Officers, and Internal Auditors
Workshop will include the following:
- A review of the updated BSA policy and addressing the Beneficial Ownership Rule from policy and implementation perspectives.
- Enhancing your risk assessment and providing tools for your institution to use in that process.
- Providing real-life examples of common CTR and SAR completion errors.
- Hot topics that affect the BSA regulatory landscape in 2017, as well as recent enforcement actions.
- Regulatory requirements on obtaining enhanced due diligence on high-risk customers.
- Employee fraud and regulatory filing requirements for fraud attempted through a customer account.
- Providing guidance on how to prepare for and ace your next regulatory exam.
$249 per connection
Seating is limited.
CPE credits: 7 hours. In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, CPE credits are based on a 50-minute hour. Wipfli LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit.
1. Participants will gain a better understanding on the Beneficial Ownership Rule will affect their Institution.
2. Participants will gain a better understanding on proper completion of CTR and SAR reports.
3. Participants will gain a better understanding on how to implement comprehensive risk assessment.
Course Level: Intermediate Instructional
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge and Applications
Advance Preparation: None
Program Cost: $249
Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN 37219-2417. Website: www.nasba.org.
For more information regarding administrative policies, such as program cancellation or complaint policies, please contact Mary Boortz at 715.858.6677 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations made after April 7, 2017, will be charged $100 per registration cancellation fee. If you cancel, you may transfer your registration fee to another person in your organization without penalty, with the permission of Wipfli. Participants who register, but neither attend nor cancel, are charged their full registration fee. Call 800.486.3454 for questions about this policy.