David J. Elyashar, CPA, CVA
David is the firm’s Family Office Practice Leader in Chicago. As a highly skilled tax advisor, he provides income tax, trust, and estate tax consulting and compliance services, which include equity-based compensation, investment, business succession, charitable giving, and retirement planning strategies to business owners, corporate executives, and wealthy families.
In addition to working with high-net-worth families, David provides planning and compliance services to businesses. Leveraging his knowledge, skills and expertise, he contributes to the entrepreneurial pursuits of his clients to better respond to their changing needs.
As an experienced certified valuation analyst, David works with numerous law firms to provide litigation support and business valuations for private, closely held businesses and emerging companies for sales, mergers and acquisitions, marital situations, financing (debt and/or equity), estate and gift tax matters, shareholder disputes, buy-sell agreements, insurance claims, and other business matters.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Valuation Analyst
Professional memberships and activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) - Member
- Illinois CPA Society (ICPAS) - Member
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA) - Member
ServicesCPA Tax Services
Areas of Focus
- High-net-worth individuals
- Private companies
- Business valuation and litigation support
- Expert testimony
- Private equity
- Professional service organizations
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) organizations
EducationUniversity of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Bachelor of science degree in accounting
- Bachelor of science degree in finance