Maureen Fassbinder, CRCM, CRMA
With more than 25 years of banking experience and an in-depth focus on internal audit, compliance, Anti-Money Laundering/Bank Secrecy Act (AML/BSA) requirements, and enterprise risk assessment, Maureen Fassbinder has developed an extensive base of knowledge and provides expert consultation services relevant to managing these functions within financial institutions.
As a former community bank compliance officer and internal auditor, in addition to her consulting role at Wipfli, Maureen’s background includes significant experience in designing, implementing, and monitoring internal audit programs and compliance management systems in small, medium, and large financial institution settings. This experience has allowed her to develop strong advisory, training, analysis, and operational skills, which she puts to good use serving the needs of her clients.
Maureen’s career background gives her firsthand knowledge of the day-to-day operations of financial institutions and insight into what examiners expect from well-managed compliance and internal control programs.
Professional Memberships and Activities
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager
- Certified in Risk Management Assurance
- Institute of Certified Bankers (ICB) - Member
- The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) - Member
- Minnesota Bankers Association (MBA) - Member and speaker
- Independent Community Bankers of Minnesota (ICBM) - Member and speaker
- Wisconsin Bankers Association - Member and speaker
- Chippewa Valley Bankers Association - Member and speaker
- Hudson Lions Club - Member
- Hudson Community Foundation - Board membe