Matt D. Hjelm, CPA, CFE
Matt Hjelm is an audit manager in Wipfli LLP’s nonprofit and government practice. He leads financial and compliance audits of local governments and nonprofit organizations and is also knowledgeable about regulatory reporting for Montana municipalities, special districts, and school districts.
Working exclusively in the government and nonprofit sectors has provided Matt with an extensive knowledge of and background in these organizations, their issues, and audit requirements. He understands that effective communication is imperative in building and maintaining strong client relationships. In addition to audits, Matt has performed a number of forensic accounting engagements.
Professional Memberships and Activities
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) - Member
- Montana Society of Certified Public Accountants (MSCPA) - Member and ethics committee member
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) - Member
- Heights National Little League (HNLL) - Coach and volunteer
- United Way - Volunteer