Jessica Schwantes, CPA
Madison Market Leader
Jessica Schwantes is the Madison market leader and tax partner. As the leader of the Madison market, she is responsible for the overall financial results of the region, new client development, client retention, partner and associate development and community engagement. In her client service role, Jessica brings over 20 years of experience. She understands tax laws, and her clients rely on her to apply them to their situation and to their advantage. Jessica provides a spectrum of tax-related services to financial institutions and other closely held businesses as well as individuals. She assists with IRS and Wisconsin Department of Revenue franchise tax and sales and use tax audits. Jessica’s expertise includes consolidated and multistate tax returns and high-net-worth individuals.
- Certified Public Accountant
Professional memberships and activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Member
- Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants (WICPA) – Member
- Madison Public Library Foundation – Former president
- Foundation for Madison’s Public Schools – Former treasurer
- Graduate of Leadership of Greater Madison
- LPGA Amateur Madison Chapter – Past president
ServicesCPA Tax Services
Areas of Focus
- Financial institutions
- Closely held businesses
- C corporations, S corporations, and partnerships
EducationUniversity of Wisconsin-Madison
- Bachelor of business administration degree in accounting
- Master of accountancy degree with tax concentration
Amid rising interest rates, does your bank have the right tax strategy?
Apr 04, 2023
Are you ready to help your customers with the new SECURE Act?
Feb 19, 2020
Banking Operations as Defined by §199A
Feb 26, 2019
Taxation of Cryptocurrency
Nov 04, 2018
How Has the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Changed the Deductibility of Meals and Entertainment?
Feb 27, 2018
Accounting Methods Can Save Your Bank Money
Mar 01, 2017
How Does the PATH Act Benefit Your Business Operations
Mar 01, 2016
Don’t be afraid to miss out on the Employee Retention Credit
Apr 18, 2023
Autumn is for Caramel Apples, Cycle Rides and Tax Planning!
Oct 11, 2017
Tax Update for Financial Institutions
Dec 06, 2018
Federal Tax Cuts and Jobs Act for Banks
Feb 08, 2018