Holly A. Kohl, CPA
Holly Kohl began her public accounting career in 1999 and has extensive experience working with closely held businesses primarily in the manufacturing and commercial industries. She also has specialized training and experience in employee benefit plans related to audit, accounting, financial reporting, and regulatory compliance issues. Holly works closely with clients to gain a thorough understanding of their business to guide them through complex business and accounting matters, as well as to help them solve their business issues.
She leads the firm's employee benefit plan audit practice group and the firm's Technical Issues Committee for employee benefit plans. Holly is also a member of the firm's Quality Assurance Committee. She is committed to the development of the firm's internal training programs for employee benefit plan audits and ensures the quality of Wipfli LLP's benefit plan audits follows the most current Department of Labor requirements and accounting and reporting standards. Holly has been instrumental in instituting the firm's tailored and streamlined audit approach, which has been recognized by our peer firms and regulators as being one of the best in the country. Her focus and experience in this industry allows her to provide insight on complex technical issues to help clients fulfill their fiduciary responsibilities on employee benefit plans.
Clients appreciate Holly's communication style, her understanding of their business, and her efficient and responsive service. Holly enjoys helping her clients overcome their challenges and guiding them to achieve success.
- Certified Public Accountant
Professional Memberships and Activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) - Member
- Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants (WICPA) - Member
- Allinial Global Employee Benefit Plans Community of Practice - Member
- AICPA Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center - Designated Partner
- Wipfli LLP’s Technical Issues Committee for Employee Benefit Plans - Leader
- Wipfli LLP’s Quality Assurance Committee - Member
- Lake Wausau Association - Board member and treasurer
- Wausau Conservatory of Music - Past board member and treasurer
- YWCA - Past board member and treasurer