CSBG organizational standards boot camp
2/13/2024 10:00 AM - 03:00 PM (CT)
Type: Live Webinar
CPE Credits: 4.0
Phone: 888 876 4992
Advanced preparation: None
Field of study: Specialized Knowledge
Community action programs are a changing force in their communities. And to receive all that federal funding, you need to follow a set of standards that assures funding sources that you can serve the community while staying in compliance and being transparent.
It takes a lot of work, coordination — and know-how — including a culture of collaboration, accountability and collective problem-solving. And we want to help you.
Join us for this one-day, power-packed overview to explore the Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) standards. We’ll discuss how to use the framework to establish, measure and communicate outcomes that matter to your community. Together, we’ll review some of the regulations that you need to know to stay in compliance through examples, stories and best practices. Take back up-to-date and relevant information to implement immediately in your agency.
Professionals on your leadership and governance teams (as well as those delivering services to the community) will benefit from this review, as well as those who partner with, receive funding from or deliver similar services.
We’ll start with why
We’ll kick off this interactive workshop with an overview of the regulations that organizations need to be aware of as they comply with the CSBG standards.
Then, we’ll explore what and how
From your community assessment to the tone at the top to your community outcomes, we’ll connect the standards and results.
A major challenge for grant-funded community nonprofits is balancing the focus of fiscal responsibility, internal controls and mission-centric programming and services. The organizational standards include indicators of whether you have a foundation in place to successfully administer the finances, personnel and systems necessary for a sustainable agency that meets its goals and objectives.
We’ll discuss best practices, systems and processes to help you meet those standards. There will be time included for you to ask questions.
$525 per connection
My Wipfli nonprofit and government membership service members automatically receive an additional $25 discount per registrant.Wipfli accepts AmEx, Discover, Visa and Mastercard.
The registration fee includes:
- Up to 4 continuing professional education (CPE) credits in accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. CPE credits are granted based on a 50-minute hour.
- A training workbook.
- Reference materials (any PowerPoint presentations and/or additional references) available for download.
- Refreshment breaks.
Transfers and cancellations
- Participants who are unable to attend may be eligible to transfer or cancel their registration. All transfer or cancellation requests must be received in writing no later than two business days before the start of the event for which you are currently registered.*
- A $25 service fee will be applied to all transfer and cancellation requests. Additional fees may apply.
- Participants who registered but did not attend the event or complete a request to transfer or cancel within the allotted time, are liable for the full registration fee.
- If Wipfli reschedules or cancels the event, you will be notified via email, at which time you will be given the option to transfer to another training or receive a refund.
*For more information including deadlines and fees, view the full policy here. For questions or concerns, please call 888 876 4992 or email email@example.com with the subject line: “registration transfer” or “cancellation.”
Tuesday, February 13, 2024
10 a.m.-12 p.m. CT Presentation
12-1 p.m. CT Lunch (on your own)
1-3 p.m. CT Presentation
- Explore the way that you approach the organizational standards.
- Identify what is working well to meet the standards.
- Review where you have opportunities for improvement.
You’ll receive an email once you’ve been added to our event-hosting platform, as well as reminders one day and one hour prior to the training. Materials will be available one hour before the training until one day after the training.
Certificate of participation and CPE credit
- Each person attending the webinar can receive a certificate of participation/CPE credits (live webinars only).
- To receive a certificate of participation, participants must answer the interactive polling questions or submit the keywords presented throughout the training.
- The information will be verified upon receipt and, if accepted, you will receive a certificate of participation via email within 14 business days.
National Registry of CPE Sponsors: Wipfli LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Instructional delivery: Group, internet-based. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaint, cancellation and refund policies, please contact our offices at 888 876 4992.REGISTER NOW