Head Start/Early Head Start regulations boot camp
3/12/2024 12:30 PM - 3/14/2024 04:00 PM (CT)
Type: Live Webinar
CPE Credits: 10.5
Why you should attend
You asked and we answered. Based on your feedback, we took our large group training and built this online boot camp to blend regulations, best practices and action-planning with the opportunity to ask your questions.
If you’re new, if you’ve been around a while and want a refresher, if you’re program oriented or if you’re fiscal oriented — welcome. There will be something for everyone.
Head Start (HS) and Early Head Start (EHS) are some of the largest federally funded programs. The Head Start Act and the Head Start Program Performance Standards (HSPPS) contain pages and pages of guidelines that HS/EHS programs need to follow to stay in compliance. The goal is to help you get comfortable with those guidelines.
Participants declare Wipfli training to be “empowering,” “outstanding,” “meaningful,” “invaluable” and “relevant.”
Regular rate: $925 per person
Wipfli accepts AmEx, Discover, Visa and Mastercard.
Registration fees include:
- Up to 10.5 CPE credits in accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. CPE credits are granted based on a 50-minute hour.
- A training workbook.
- Reference materials (any PowerPoint presentations and/or additional references) available for download.
- Refreshment breaks.
Transfers and cancellations
- Participants who are unable to attend may be eligible to transfer or cancel their registration. All transfer or cancellation requests must be received in writing no later than two business days before the start of the event for which you are currently registered.
- A $25 service fee will be applied to all transfer and cancellation requests. Additional fees may apply.
- Participants who registered but did not attend the event or complete a request to transfer or cancel within the allotted time are liable for the full registration fee.
- If Wipfli reschedules or cancels the event, you will be notified via email, at which time you will be given the option to transfer to another training or receive a refund.
- For more information including deadlines and fees, view the full policy here.
- For questions or concerns, please call 888 876 4992 or email email@example.com with the subject line “registration transfer” or “cancellation.”
Daily scheduleTuesday, March 12, 2024 | 12:30-4 p.m. CT
- HS history
- HS regulations
- The culture of safety and continuous improvement
- HR compliance in HS
- Eligibility, recruitment, selection, enrollment and attendance (ERSEA)
- Program design (health, nutrition, parent involvement, ratios, etc.)
- Community involvement aka in-kind and wrap-up
10.5-hour virtual Head Start boot camp
Advanced preparation: None
Field of study: Specialized Knowledge
CPE: 10.5 credits
When you are implementing regulations, there are many things to consider, including how decisions will impact your program. In this boot camp, we’ll explore the Head Start Act and give you time to learn where to find information and dig into the details once you’re back at the office. And since the Head Start Act goes hand in hand with the HSPPS, we’ll also explore the highlights of the HSPPS (45 CFR Parts 1301-1305). And though this is not a two-day Uniform Guidance (UG) training, we’ll certainly highlight some of the UG regulations (45 CFR Part 75) in the areas of allowable costs and procurement.
The goal is to help you get comfortable with the guidelines that HS/EHS programs need to follow to stay in compliance. We’ll pay special attention to the areas of:
- Definitions (they sometimes differ depending on the regulation).
- Administrative requirements (administrative limitations, spending of federal funds and nonfederal match aka in-kind).
- Power and functions (governing body, policy council, policy committees and administrative reports).
- Eligibility, recruitment, selection, enrollment and attendance (ERSEA).
- Records (what to keep, how to keep them and for how long).
- Qualifications and wages (background checks and minimum staff requirements).
From running the program to working with the board and policy council to collaborating with the fiscal department, this boot camp will help you discover action items to take back to your program to help you get up to speed and make an impact.
- Explore how the Head Start Act and the HSPPS impact each other and your program.
- Discuss how working with each department enhances the overall impact of the program.
- Take away ideas, thoughts and best practices of ongoing leadership with these requirements.
You’ll receive an email invitation to download our app, as well as reminders one day and one hour prior to the training. Materials will be available one hour before the training until one day after the training.
Certificate of participation and CPE credits
- Each person attending the webinar can receive a certificate of participation/CPE credits (live webinars only).
- To receive a certificate of participation, participants must answer the interactive polling questions or submit the keywords presented throughout the training.
- The information will be verified upon receipt and, if accepted, you will receive a certificate of participation via email within 14 business days.
National Registry of CPE Sponsors: Wipfli LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Instructional delivery: Group, internet-based. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaint, cancellation and refund policies, please contact our offices at 888 876 4992.REGISTER NOW