CSBG organizational standards boot camp
11/30/2022 10:00 AM - 03:00 PM (CT)
Type: Live Webinar
CPE Credits: 4
Training seminar outline
Advanced Preparation: None
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
CPE*: 4.0 credits
Community Action Programs are the changing force in their communities. And to receive all that federal funding, you need to follow a set of standards that ensure funding sources you can serve the community while staying in compliance and being transparent.
It takes a lot of work and coordination — and know-how — including a culture of collaboration, accountability and collective problem solving. And we want to help you.
Join us for this one-day, power-packed overview to explore the Community Service Block Grant (CSBG) standards. We will:
- Discuss how to use the framework to establish, measure and communicate outcomes that matter to your community.
- Review some of the regulations you need to know to stay in compliance through examples, stories and best practices.
- Provide up-to-date and relevant information for you to implement immediately in your agency.
Professionals on your leadership and governance teams, as well as those delivering services to the community, will benefit from this review — as will those who partner with, receive funding from or deliver similar services.
Let’s start with why
Kick off this interactive workshop with an overview of the regulations that organizations need to be aware of as they comply with the CSBG standards.
Then we will explore what and how
From your community assessment to the tone at top to your community outcomes, we will connect the standards and results.
A major challenge for grant-funded community nonprofits is balancing the focus of fiscal responsibility, internal controls, and mission-centric programming and services. The organizational standards include indicators of whether or not you have a foundation in place to successfully administer the finances, personnel and systems necessary for a sustainable agency that meets its goals and objectives.
Let’s discuss best practices, systems and processes to help meet these standards. Included in the day will be time for your questions.
- Explore the way you approach the organizational standards.
- Identify what is working well to meet the standards.
- Review where you have opportunities for improvement
Tuesday, November 30, 2022
10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. CT | Presentation
12:00 – 1:00 p.m. CT | Lunch (on your own)
1:00 – 3:00 p.m. CT | Presentation
$525 per connection
My Wipfli Nonprofit and Government Membership Service members automatically receive an additional $25 discount per registrant!
*Wipfli accepts AmEx, Discover, Visa and Mastercard.
Registration fees include:
- Up to 4 CPE credits in accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. CPE credits are granted based on a 50-minute hour.
- Training workbook.
- Reference materials (any PowerPoint presentations and/or additional references) available for download.
- Refreshment breaks.
Transfers and cancellations:
- Participants who are unable to attend may be eligible to transfer or cancel their registration. All transfer or cancellation requests must be received in writing no later than two business days before the start of the event for which you are currently registered.* A $25.00 service fee will be applied to all transfer and cancellation requests. Additional fees may apply.
- Participants who registered but did not attend the event or complete a request to transfer or cancel within the allotted time are liable for the full registration fee.
- If Wipfli reschedules or cancels the event, you will be notified via email, at which time you will be given the option to transfer to another training or receive a refund.
* For more information including deadlines and fees, view the full policy here. For questions or concerns, please call 888 876 4992 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: “Registration Transfer [or Cancellation]”).
You’ll receive an email once you have been added to our event hosting platform, as well as reminders one day and one hour prior to the training. Materials will be available from one hour before the training until one day after the training.
Certificate of participation and CPE credit
- Each person attending the webinar who needs a certificate of participation/continuing professional education (CPE) credits (live webinars only) must answer the interactive polling questions or submit the key words presented throughout the training.
- Upon receipt, the information will be verified and if accepted, you will receive a certificate of participation via email within 14 business days.
National Registry of CPE Sponsors: Wipfli LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the national Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.
Instructional Delivery: Group Internet-Based. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaint, cancellation and refund policies, please contact our offices at 888 876 4992.REGISTER NOW