Head Start/ Early Head Start Regulations Boot Camp
We are sorry, but this event has already passed. You may review our list of archived webinars by clicking here or browse our upcoming events by clicking here
Head Start/ Early Head Start Regulations Boot Camp
11/15/2022 12:30 PM - 11/17/2022 04:00 PM (CT)
Type: Live Webinar
CPE Credits: 10.5
You asked, and we answered. Based on your feedback, we took our large-group training and built this online boot camp to blend regulations, best practices and action planning with the opportunity to ask your questions.
If you are new, if you have been around a while and want a refresher, if you are program oriented, if you are fiscal oriented — welcome. There will be something for everyone.
HS and EHS are some of the largest federally funded programs. The Head Start Act and the Head Start Program Performance Standards (HSPPS) contain pages and pages of guidelines that HS/EHS programs need to follow to stay in compliance. The goal is to help you get comfortable with what HS/EHS programs you need to follow to stay in compliance.
Participants declare Wipfli training “empowering,” “outstanding,” “meaningful,” “invaluable” and “relevant.” Join us from the comfort of your location. Sign up today!
- Regular rate: $925 per person.
*Wipfli accepts AmEx, Discover, Visa and Mastercard.
Registration fees include:
- Up to 10.5 CPE credits in accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. CPE credits are granted based on a 50-minute hour.
- Training workbook.
- Reference materials (any PowerPoint presentations and/or additional references) available for download.
Transfers and cancellations:
- Participants who are unable to attend may be eligible to transfer or cancel their registration. All transfer or cancellation requests must be received in writing no later than two business days before the start of the event for which you are currently registered.* A $25.00 service fee will be applied to all transfer and cancellation requests. Additional fees may apply.
- Participants who registered but did not attend the event or complete a request to transfer or cancel within the allotted time are liable for the full registration fee.
- If Wipfli reschedules or cancels the event, you will be notified via email, at which time you will be given the option to transfer to another training or receive a refund.
* For more information including deadlines and fees, view the full policy here. For questions or concerns, please call 888 876 4992 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: “Registration Transfer [or Cancellation]”).
Tuesday, November 15, 2022 | 12:30 pm – 4:00 p.m. CT
HS history, regulations HS follows, and governance
The culture of safety and continuous improvement
Wednesday, November 16, 2022 | 12:30 pm – 4:00 p.m. CT
HR compliance in HS
Eligibility, Recruitment, Selection, Enrollment, Attendance (ERSEA)
Thursday, November 17, 2022 | 12:30 pm – 4:00 p.m. CT
Program design (health, nutrition, parent involvement, ratios, etc.)
Community involvement (aka in-kind and wrap-up)
Training Workshop Outline
10.5-Hour Virtual Head Start Boot Camp
Advanced Preparation: None
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
CPE*: 10.5 credits
When you are implementing these regulations, there are numerous things to consider, including how decisions impact your program. In this boot camp, we will explore the Head Start Act and give you time to learn where to find information and dig into the details once you are back at the office. And since the Head Start Act goes hand in hand with the HSPPS, we will explore the highlights of all of the HSPPS (45 CFR Parts 1301-1305).
And though this is not a two-day Uniform Guidance (UG) training, we will certainly highlight areas of the UG regulations (45 CFR Part 75) in the areas of allowable costs and procurement.
The goal is to help you get comfortable with what HS/EHS programs need to follow to stay in compliance. We will pay special attention to the areas of:
- Definitions. (They sometimes differ depending on the regulation.)
- Administrative requirements (administrative limitations, spending of federal funds, and nonfederal match [aka in-kind]).
- Power and functions (governing body, policy council, policy committees and administrative reports).
- ERSEA (eligibility, recruitment, selection, enrollment and attendance).
- Records (what to keep, how to keep them and for how long).
- Qualifications and wages (background check, minimum staff requirements).
From running the program to working with the board and policy council to collaborating with the fiscal department, this boot camp will help you discover action items to take back to the program to help you get up to speed and make an impact.
- Explore how the Head Start Act and the HSPPS impact each other and your program.
- Discuss how working with each department enhances the overall impact of the program.
- Take away ideas, thoughts and best practices of ongoing leadership with these requirements.
You’ll receive an email once you have been added to our event hosting platform, as well as reminders one day and one hour prior to the training. Materials will be available one (1) hour before the training until one (1) day after the training.
Certificate of participation and CPE credit
- Each person attending the webinar who needs a certificate of participation/continuing professional education (CPE) credits (live webinars only) must answer the interactive polling questions or submit the key words presented throughout the training.
- Upon receipt, the information will be verified, and if it is accepted, you will receive a certificate of participation via email within 14 business days.
National Registry of CPE Sponsors: Wipfli LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the national Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.
Instructional Delivery: Group Internet-Based. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaint, cancellation and refund policies, please contact our offices at 888 876 4992.REGISTER NOW
Client Development Advisor