Risk management is crucial for financial institutions today, and loan review is no exception. Regulators frequently recommend engaging an independent loan review function. Whether a one-time review is required within a defined scope or periodic ongoing reviews, work with seasoned loan review professionals to confirm the quality and consistency of risk ratings and credit administration.
Procedures are designed to address the various risks in a loan portfolio, including credit risk and transaction risk.
Our loan review team provides consultative services to help clients proactively develop best practices and risk management strategies. Expertise includes:
- Loan Review
- CRE, C&I, and Ag
- Loan Policy Review and Risk Ratings
- Loan Portfolio Due Diligence
- Review of Internal Loan Review function
- Credit Administration Process and Organization
- Review of Credit Underwriting
- Commercial and Industrial Field Examination Services
- Training in Loan related areas, including appraisal training, etc.
- Best Practices Review
Featured Thought Leader
Eric E. Van Doren, CRCEric VanDoren manages Wipfli LLP’s loan review services. He is a member of the risk management team, with over 25 years of experience in the commercial banking industry. He works with financial institutions to provide customer-focused risk management services.