Luke Soper, CPA
Luke Soper is a senior consultant in Wipfli’s financial institutions practice. He has over 10 years of experience in financial management in banks and credit unions ranging in size from $50 million to $8 billion. He is attuned to the needs of various client types and sizes.
Luke currently specializes in interest rate risk management and liquidity risk management consulting and advises his clients on solutions to help them overcome challenges in the modeling and monitoring of these risks to assist them with strategy, meeting regulatory expectations and optimizing risk/reward tradeoff.
- Certified Public Accountant
Professional memberships and activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Member
- Financial Manager’s Society (FMS) - Member
ServicesBusiness consulting services
Areas of Focus
- ALM process validations
- Asset liability management models, assumptions and back testing
- Liquidity risk management, stress testing and process validations
- Balance sheet strategy and optimization
- Financial modeling and budgeting
- Policy review and regulatory reporting
EducationUniversity of Wisconsin, Eau Claire
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Comprehensive Accounting
Liquidity risk management for credit unions in today’s interest rate environment
Mar 17, 2023
How banks can manage liquidity risk in today’s interest rate environment
Mar 15, 2023
What’s entailed in an ALM validation and why it matters
Dec 16, 2022
What does a flat yield curve mean for your financial institution?
Aug 17, 2022
Shifting depositor behavior warrants rethinking of ALM models
Apr 24, 2023
Is your financial institution prepared for rising interest rates?
Mar 27, 2022