Derek Hammen, CPA, CFE, MBA
Derek Hammen is a manager with over 12 years of experience in providing audit, assurance and accounting services. He is attuned to the accounting and audit needs of various types of clients, from startup businesses to established companies in the manufacturing and distribution, technology, retail and nonprofit industries. In addition, Derek consults with his clients on various technical accounting issues in accordance with U.S. GAAP. Clients appreciate his detailed approach to understanding their issues to help them overcome challenges and meet their goals.
Derek is also the director of Wipfli’s Commercial Industry Technical Issues Committee.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Fraud Examiner
Professional memberships and activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Member
- Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants (WICPA) – Member
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) – Member
ServicesAudit and Accounting
Areas of Focus
- Technical U.S. GAAP research and assessments
- ASC 606, Revenue from Contracts with Customers, assessments
EducationUniversity of Wisconsin–La Crosse
- Bachelor of science degree in accounting
- Master of business administration