Rusty A. Planert, CPA
Rusty Planert is a manager with Wipfli’s financial services group with over nine years of public accounting experience. He is responsible for managing audit and tax services for investment partnerships from engagement to delivery. Rusty is passionate about working with start-up and emerging hedge funds, guiding them through the audit, tax and regulatory requirements faced by the investment partnership industry. Through his experience in the industry, he prides himself on being the resource clients can trust to handle their fund’s audit and tax needs.
- Certified Public Accountant
Professional Memberships and Activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) - Member
- Illinois CPA Society (ICPAS) - Member
Areas of Focus
- Audit and attestation
- Hedge fund partnership audits
- Hedge fund tax
- Registered investment advisors
EducationNorthern Illinois University
- Bachelor of science degree in accountancy
- Master of accountancy degree in financial reporting
Is a hurdle right for your fund?
May 05, 2020