Construction and real estate year end tax strategies
12/2/2020 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM (CT)
Name: Alexis Abrahamsen
Addressing potential tax savings at year end is an activity you typically do each year, but this hasn’t been a typical year. Join us on Wednesday, December 2 as we dive into these top four areas with the potential to quickly generate or retain cash during these uncertain times. We welcome and encourage specific questions via our live chat feature.
- Cost Segregation, 179D and §45L energy-efficiency deduction/credit
- How do these specific tax techniques work?
- What happens if I decide to sell the property soon after the study is done?
- Illustration of how this works and the potential tax savings
- CARES Act opportunities
- Qualified Improvement Property
- NOL Carrybacks and their comeback
- Section 1031 tax-free exchanges
- Unique strategies around §1031s Reverse Exchange
- Construction exchanges
- Same-taxpayer issues
- What happens when only some of the owners want to stay in a §1031 deal? Example of how this works.
- Opportunity Zones
- Opportunity Zones 101 – How these work and has anything changed?
- Example of what a simple fund looks like and illustration of the benefits
Register today for this complimentary webinar. Unable to attend? Register anyways and we’ll send you a link to the recording.