Fraud Prevention for Government Professionals
2/1/2022 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM (CT)
Type: Live Webinar
CPE Credits: 1
Training Seminar Outline
Advanced Preparation: None
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
CPE*: 1.0 hour
Fraud risk is the risk of misappropriation of assets, whether done internally or externally. This can include not only fraudulent cash disbursements but misdirection of cash receipts. (This risk is raised when actual cash is involved.) Stereotypically, the risk of fraud is greater when internal controls are in a state of flux, have not been updated for an extended period of time or are just not being executed properly. An example of internal controls in a state of flux can be anything done during the pandemic to keep operations running as smoothly as possible. To address this risk, we recommend the entity perform a fraud risk assessment. A fraud risk assessment will analyze internal controls, as they’re being performed currently, to not only minimize the risk of fraud but also enhance and improve the operation of the entity. The fraud prevention checkup process is simple and painless. It starts with interviews of all staff who have the ability to handle money, and the questions asked during these interviews are based on your industry and your particular business. Once we complete our work, our report will be delivered orally, with a bullet point checklist of our findings, which we review during the discussion. A written report is available at a small additional fee.
- Determine what level of risk of fraud you can afford — or can accept — in your business.
- Determine the need to upgrade/enhance/modify your internal controls. (This is becoming more and more vital as a result of changes forced by the pandemic.)
- Determine the need for a fraud prevention checkup.
$145 per connection
My Wipfli Nonprofit and Government Membership Service members automatically receive an additional $25 discount per registrant!
Notice of cancellation must be received 24 hours prior to start time of the webinar for a full refund of registration fees. If Wipfli cancels the webinar, you will be notified 24 hours prior to the webinar via email. All registration fees will be refunded. For questions or concerns, please call 888 876 4992.
You will receive the webinar access information upon registration, as well as reminders one day and one hour prior to the training. Materials will be available from one hour before the training until one day after the training. When the materials become available, you can access them by clicking the Materials tab in the app or desktop Menu.
Certificate of Participation and CPE credit
- Each person attending the webinar who needs a certificate of participation/continuing professional education (CPE) credits (live webinars only) must submit their key words within 24 hours of the webinar:
- Complete the Survey (located in the Menu).
- Enter the key words in the order they were given during the webinar. We cannot provide the key words after they’ve been given.
- Upon receipt, the information will be verified, and if it is accepted, you will receive a Certificate of Participation via email within 14 business days.
National Registry of CPE Sponsors: Wipfli LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the national Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.
Instructional Delivery: Group Internet-Based. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaint, cancellation and refund policies, please contact our offices at 888 876 4992.REGISTER NOW