Overcome the everyday complexity of chargemaster with equal parts technology and tenacity.
Annual chargemaster reviews uncover coding issues, correct third-party payment rules and fulfill regulatory compliance demands but optimizing these complex systems relies on the cooperation of dozens of different departments. That’s why addressing the technological aspects of the system is only part of the process. We will coach your staff to improve communication, create clear processes, and share ideas.
With this multifaceted approach, the unique characteristics of each clinical situation are respected and your teams are able to ensure each chargemaster line reflects the care being delivered.
Our chargemaster services will:
- Identify opportunities for improved revenue capture and cash collections.
- Identify pricing opportunities and standards.
- Increase RAC readiness.
- Improve team communication between the various clinical departments and finance.
- Reduce third-party payor denials.
- Improve the accuracy of patient bills, thereby improving customer service.
- Improve billing compliance with third-party payor rules.
- Provide a plan for ongoing chargemaster maintenance, including accountabilities for department managers and others.
- Improve chargemaster maintenance tools (policies and procedures, charge tickets, and electronic change forms).
Our team of chargemaster experts will customize an approach to specifically meet your needs. The result is an optimized chargemaster to improve the revenue cycle processes.
When was the last time you had a review of your chargemaster? Contact us today and we can help.
Missed one of these webinars? Watch a recording now, on-demand:
Jeanne M. ChapdelaineWith over 25 years of health care experience, Jeanne Chapdelaine is the director of Wipfli LLP’s revenue optimization and integrity (ROI) service line. She coordinates service delivery to health care clients for their revenue capture processes, coding and documentation, business office functions, service pricing, reimbursement, regulatory compliance, and third-party payor contracts and provides a wide range of related technical services to the firm’s clients.
HFS Consultants joins Wipfli LLP
HFS Consultants, out of Oakland, CA, has joined Wipfli’s team of professionals. As part of this merger, more than 70 HFS professionals have joined Wipfli's Health Care Practice. The combination with HFS Consultants presents Wipfli with opportunities to expand our physical presence in the western U.S. and to provide an even greater breadth and depth of services and resources to our clients in the ever-changing health care industry.