Uncovering your community’s health needs.
A Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) is a planning tool that can be used to uncover your community’s health needs. This can be a powerful resource in determining community health priorities, informing new or existing strategic initiatives, and developing a more comprehensive health care system. It is also an essential component required to be completed by most not-for-profit hospitals.
Our team of health care professionals can assist you by:
- Creating a CHNA that complies with IRS requirements.
- Going beyond compliance by aligning the CHNA with your strategic goals and financial resources.
- Developing a roadmap for your community’s health needs as your organization moves toward the goal of population health management.
Our service offers a community-based approach to assessing the individual, environmental, cultural, and health-related needs of residents. It will provide documented prioritization of health-related needs and a strategy that proactively addresses the unmet needs within your community. Our comprehensive CHNA process includes:
- Service Area Definition and Demographic Analysis
- Existing Organizational Resource Assessment
- Quantitative Assessment of Health Status Within the Community
- Market Share Analysis and Physician Need Analysis
- Qualitative Assessment of Community Input
- Implementation Strategy and Action Plan
Let our health care team assist you in uncovering your community’s health needs and aligning your strategic initiatives with community demands.
Featured Thought Leader
Nicholas E. Smith
Nicholas Smith has over a decade of proven leadership experience with Wipfli's national health care consulting practice. In this role, he has the opportunity to serve a broad array of health care organizations including health systems, integrated delivery systems, county and district hospitals, critical access hospitals, physician specialty groups, behavioral health centers, and health care networks. Nicholas leads consulting engagements with energy, enthusiasm, and an analytical problem-solving approach to effectively respond to the facility, operational, and strategic challenges facing his clients.