Wipfli’s private equity portfolio company services combine the strength of our audit and accounting, tax, technology consulting, and business advisory services with our deep industry specialization in coveted industries like manufacturing and distribution, health care, logistics, technology, and construction and real estate.
Get the guidance and experience to improve performance and realize full value with Wipfli. We deliver strategic ideas from a wide range of perspectives including tax optimization, performance alignment, operational excellence, and workforce engagement.
“Helping manage and enhance performance to maximize your investments.”
Wipfli has been helping organizations manage and enhance performance for more than 85 years. We continue to serve thousands of clients with a depth and breadth of services that help them reach well beyond their growth and improvement goals. Vital to this success is our ability to combine powerful technology capabilities with expert consulting in operational and financial improvement to make change happen, faster, all while aligning people, process, and technology. We bring smart strategies and a full range of proven solutions to successfully turn data into accessible information that drives action.
Wipfli works closely with you to understand your needs while working directly with your portfolio companies. Whether in-house and hands-on or at-hand and accessible, we actively manage to reduce costs and mitigate risks.We help achieve growth, boost business performance, increase EBITDA, and create value for strong and sustainable investments.
Clients turn to us because the middle market is our accustomed territory and our leaders have been down these roads many times before. Learn more about Wipfli's Private Equity Services Leadership Team.
Portfolio company services include:
Consulting and Advisory
- Business valuations
- Business integration
- Talent management solutions with bottom line results
- Culture, performance, and management assessment
- Predictive index® assessment
- Business intelligence and analytics—Dashboards and industry-specific KPIs
- Internet of Things (IoT) monitoring systems
- CRM solutions integrated with business objectives and growth strategies
- ERP solutions tailored to power success
- Cybersecurity services
- Technology deployment services—Optimize technology to run organizations more effectively
- Managed technology services—Take the hassle and risk out of managing your technology
Audit and Accounting
- Audit, review, and compilations
- Audit of “closing balance sheet” prior to acquisition
- Audit of “opening balance sheet” and audit procedures for the next year-end audit
- Outsourced accounting resources—From CFO-level assistance to bookkeeping, put world-class accounting know-how to work for you
- Financial accounting outsourcing solutions (FAO)—Outsource financial accounting headaches and benefit from a complete back office
- Acquisition accounting
- Lease accounting
- Variable interest entities (VIE)
- Share-based compensation arrangements (ASC 718)
- Working capital analysis
- Inventory observations
Learn more about our audit and accounting services.
- International, federal, and state and local tax consulting and compliance
- Tax minimization strategies with credits and incentives
- Add-on acquisition structure planning
- Post-transaction tax integration
- Sell-side tax due diligence services to identify tax exposure prior to a divestiture
- Tax planning and analysis of the divestiture of a portfolio company
Learn more about our tax services.
Avoiding ERP Implementation Disaster Across Portfolio Companies
For private equity firms, the more companies in the portfolio and acquisitions pursued, the greater the challenges. Enterprise resource planning (ERP) is no exception. Jason Muhlstein shares five best practices for ensuring a successful ERP implementation in the latest issue of Middle Market Magazine, the official publication of the Association for Corporate Growth.
Read Article Now