So much information!
Apr 09, 2020
By: Tammy T. Jelinek
It is amazing to see how many trusted resources are stepping up and sharing good information during a not so good time.
As you decide what, and when, to digest it all, here are a few things to think about:
- Identify 3-5 sources you really trust and scan what they share as it comes in
- Anything else, set a rule (if you can) in your inbox and have it automatically moved into a folder; schedule time daily, a few times a week, or weekly to go in and read those
- Save what’s important in one place, delete the rest
- Summarize the information to share with your colleagues
- Have a place to capture questions, then connect with trusted advisors to gather their perspectives on the answers
- Give yourself time to read, pause and then react to information; a deep breath can do wonders when assimilating so much information
Knowing that you may make mistakes along the way.
You may make a decision that others disagree with – I did that and learned today I disagreed with someone whom I value as a person and as a leader.
You may make the right decision one day that turns out to be the wrong decision the next day.
You still need to act.
Use your trusted resources. Listen to your team. Do a gut check. And act. If you get it wrong, change it. If you need to apologize, do it.
Let us know if you need a sounding board as you make decisions. I have a fabulous team of colleagues I use as sounding boards all the time. I am happy to share them with you. Connect with me, let me know the challenge(s), I will gather the team, and let’s dialog.