Get proactive about preventing fraud
Did you know weak or circumvented internal controls are responsible for most fraud cases? What’s more, asset misappropriation fraud costs the average business $125,000.
Lower your risk of fraud with Wipfli’s prevention checkup.
With our team, you can strengthen your internal controls and potentially save thousands — even hundreds of thousands — of dollars by limiting the risk of fraud.
Our fraud prevention checkup typically includes the following:
- Fraud risk oversight: Determine whether your oversight levels are strong enough to help deter fraud.
- Fraud risk assessment: Identify significant fraud risks and recommend corrective actions.
- Fraud risk tolerance and risk management policy: Determine your risk tolerance level and create a risk management policy.
- Process-level anti-fraud controls: Assess your internal controls and provide recommended actions for improving existing controls and/or creating new ones.
- Environment-level anti-fraud controls: Create a workplace environment where your employees feel empowered to come to you if they suspect another employee is committing fraud.
- Proactive fraud detection: Provide methodology so you can implement processes that flag potential planned wrongdoing when it happens.
- Fraud risk ownership: Ensure your employees are aware of what your official process to report fraud is and that the official contact has the ability to conduct an examination.
Source: The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners