BSA — Advanced topics and emerging trends
We are sorry, but this event has already passed. You may review our list of archived webinars by clicking here or browse our upcoming events by clicking here
BSA — Advanced topics and emerging trends
5/19/2022 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM (CT)
Type: Live Webinar
Industry: Financial Institutions
Seats Remaining: 475
Name: Mary Boortz
This workshop is designed to be a higher-level overview of the day-to-day responsibilities of the BSA officer and is dedicated to emerging hot topics and trends that face the banking industry. We will cover the areas needed to provide you with a good understanding of your roles and responsibilities and what examiner expectations are of this position, including:
- Tips for combating employee fraud.
- Review of enhanced ransomware guidance.
- Updated regulatory expectations for ATM owner/operators and NPOs.
- Discussion of AMLA Act timeline.
- Overview of updated FFIEC BSA exam expectations.
- Overview of regulatory enforcement actions.
Who should attend: BSA officers, backup BSA officers, compliance officers and internal auditors.
$299 per person
Please note: Price is per person.
This full-day webinar is from 9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m. CT
Lunch break from noon–1:00 p.m. CT
All participants will receive an updated copy of the Wipfli BSA/AML Policy, which includes a comprehensive cannabis (hemp and marijuana) policy.
Stephanie Jennings, CRCM
Stephanie Jennings is a manager in Wipfli’s financial institutions practice. She has more than 18 years of experience in banking, including enterprise risk management, BSA and regulatory compliance, as well as information security and debt collections. Stephanie has an extensive background in regulatory compliance and is responsible for providing regulatory compliance audits and consulting services to financial institutions with assets ranging from $40 million to over $15 billion.
Kristen Ferwerda, CRCM
Kristen Ferwerda is a member of Wipfli’s financial services practice, where she works with clients to assess the effectiveness of compliance and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) policies, procedures and practices for both large and small financial institutions. With over 14 years of banking experience, she leverages her deep knowledge of BSA and regulatory compliance to provide clients with the necessary tools to be successful in their banking operations.
BSA Workshop Assessing and Managing Risk
Advanced Preparation: None
Level: Intermediate/Advanced Instructional
Prerequisite: Basic BSA Knowledge/Attend Mastering the Basics Webinar
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
CPE: 6.5 credits
1. Identify and select best practice requirements for a comprehensive risk assessment.
2. Complete CTRs and SARs for complex scenarios.
3. Recognize how to identify, monitor and report suspicious activity via an automated surveillance system.
4. Apply and implement requirements of the beneficial ownership customer due diligence rule.
National Registry of CPE Sponsors: Wipfli LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the national Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.
Instructional Delivery: Online Webinar. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaint, cancellation* and refund policies, please contact Mary Boortz at 715 858 6677 or email@example.com
Registration fees include:
- Up to 6.5 CPE credits in accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. CPE credits are granted based on a 50-minute hour.
- All participants will receive a copy of the Wipfli BSA Policy and gain an understanding of what a comprehensive written program should include.
- Reference materials (any PowerPoint presentations and/or additional references).
Cancellations made after May 6, 2022, will be charged $100 per person cancellation fee. If you cancel, you may send a substitute from your organization. Participants who register but neither attend nor cancel are charged for their full registration fee. Call Mary Boortz at 715 858 6677 for questions about this policy.