Webinar: Planning and Strategic Management: Approaches to Strategic Thinking in Today’s World
4/25/2018 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM (CT)
Type: Live Webinar
Industry: Manufacturing and Distribution
Seats Remaining: 389
Name: Alexis Abrahamsen
Dwight D. Eisenhower said “…I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable.”
In other words, having a plan is important, but going through a good, thorough process to develop your plan is essential.
If your manufacturing organization is focused on future growth, building your competitive advantage, or increasing production without negatively impacting current operations, planning and strategic management should be at the forefront.
Why strategic planning?
- Provide focus and direction. Providing your entire organization access to a clearly articulated mission and vision assists in developing the strategic initiatives required for success. An effective plan is written down, with clear assignments, due dates, and deliverables, so your teams know what must be executed by when.
- Drive organizational alignment. Having broad participation in the strategic planning process encourages teamwork, creates discussion opportunities about the direction of the organization and promotes adoption of the planned strategies.
- Communicate your strategy. Many leaders walk around with a virtual strategy in mind but that is not fully communicated. Strategic planning serves as a critical communication vehicle for what must be done to create short-term as well as long-term momentum.
Webinar topic highlights:
- Overview of the strategic planning process
- The difference between a strategic plan and a strategic management process and why you need both
- Seven critical elements of strategic planning
- Three key organizational drivers of success
- Purpose of operational planning and action plans
Who should attend?
This webinar is intended for business owners and executives, plant managers and superintendents, and other professionals eager to begin strategic management and strategic planning.