Internal audit fundamentals
3/23/2021 09:30 AM - 12:00 PM (CT)
Type: Live Webinar
CPE Credits: 2.5
Seats Remaining: 988
Name: Sophia Thompson
Training Seminar Outline
Advanced Preparation: None
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
CPE*: 2.5 credit
Most tribal casinos have made a significant investment in the internal audit function. However, external audit and NIGC scrutiny have resulted in numerous compliance violations as it relates to the internal audit function. As the internal audit role has evolved, so has the responsibility upon the department.
Annual continuing professional education (CPE) also helps ensure that your auditors are following the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing promulgated by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
This four-part series will focus on tribal gaming and issues we frequently see in the industry. We will also focus on how COVID-19 has changed the industry and what that means. In this session, we will be specific on the internal audit function and areas of risk that internal auditors should focus on.
- Explore an overview of the internal audit function as required by the NIGC
- Identify auditing techniques beyond the MICS
- Review of effective and efficient report writing
- Discover recommended areas of focus to further your career in internal audit
Who should attend?
This course is designed for gaming commission and internal auditors but can be beneficial to a wide variety of casino personnel. Some other positions that will benefit are compliance officers, gaming inspectors, gaming commissioners, general managers, departmental managers, finance department, revenue auditors and anyone who would benefit to be informed on the internal audit function.
- Joseph Busby, Chief Compliance Officer, Foxwoods Resort and Casino: Joe Busby has more than 15 years of experience in the gaming industry having worked in both tribal and commercial gaming in multiple jurisdictions His experience has been focused mainly in regulatory compliance including; internal and external audit, anti-money laundering, and risk assessments. Joe also has a background in surveillance, law enforcement and public accounting. He holds many certifications, including; Certified Internal Auditor (IIA), Certified Fraud Examiner (ACFE), Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (ACAMS), Gaming Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (ICGIP), Certified Gaming Commissioner (NIGA), and a master’s degree in business management.
- Krishna Mandava, Manager, Wipfli
- Theresa Shadick, Manager, Wipfli
$250 session/per person
Notice of cancellation must be received 24 hours prior to start time of the webinar for a full refund of registration fees. If Wipfli cancels the webinar, you will be notified 24 hours prior to the webinar via email. All registration fees will be refunded. For questions or concerns, please contact Sophia Thompson at Sophia.email@example.com or 406.205.4472.
To receive continuing professional education (CPE) credits (live webinars only), you will need to complete each polling question and click submit during the live training.
The webinar must be paid in full to receive CPE credits. You will receive a certificate via e-mail within 14 business days of the webinar presentation.
National Registry of CPE Sponsors: Wipfli LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the national Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.
Instructional Delivery: Group Internet-Based. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaint, cancellation, and refund policies, please contact us.