The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 provided sweeping changes in tax law for businesses, trusts, and individuals. While much of the impact is beneficial for ag producers, it’s important to examine how the changes will impact your short-term and long-term goals. This on-demand webinar was designed especially for ag producers, and provides a high-level and practical look at the changes affecting tax year 2018 and beyond.
- Repeal of the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT)
- Treatment of fixed asset purchases
- Interest expense limits
- Net operating loss (NOL) deduction limitations
- Tax credits – Research and Development, Work Opportunity, etc.
- Limited use of like-kind exchanges
- Section 179 and depreciation rules
- Selling to cooperatives
- Estate tax reform