This webinar was recorded on January 14, 2015. Click the Download button to watch the recording and to view the presentation slides.
On November 10, 2014, CMS issued the final rules that update payment policies and payment rates for services furnished under the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (PFS), the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System (OPPS) and Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC) Payment System on or after January 1, 2015.
This webinar will provide you with an overview of Medicare’s final rules and changes for hospitals, rural health providers, and physician services most affected by the 2015 changes. We will also include highlights of the final 2015 Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) rule issued on August 4, 2014 which updates Medicare payment policies and rates for inpatient stays at general acute care and long-term care hospitals for FY 2015.
Among other important payment and regulatory policy updates, our panel of Wipfli professionals will help you make sense of these regulations by discussing the following:
- Physician fee schedule, OPPS, and ASC payment updates
- Primary care and chronic care management changes
- Changes to global services and access to telehealth services
- Items and services to be “packaged” or included in payment for a primary service
- Off campus provider-based departments
- Payment-related changes and coding updates including comprehensive ambulatory payment classifications (C-APCs)
- Overview of the two-midnight rule, critical access hospital 96-hour physician certification, and requirements for coverage of Part A inpatient hospital claims
- And finally, if applicable, the latest updates on any congressional fixes to the Medicare fee schedule and regulatory extensions that are scheduled to lapse on March 31, 2015
In addition, we’ll update you on new OIG work plan items. Join us as we review the newest Medicare reimbursement information. Learn what actions you need to take now to minimize any negative impact to your reimbursement.