This webinar was recorded on January 19, 2016. Click the Download button to watch the recording and to view the presentation slides.
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) recently issued the final rules that update payment policies and payment rates for services furnished under the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (PFS), the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System (OPPS), and Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC) Payment System.
This webinar provides you with an overview of Medicare’s final rules and changes for physician services most affected by the 2016 changes. We will also include highlights of the final 2016 Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) rule which updates Medicare payment policies and rates for inpatient stays at general acute care and long-term care hospitals for FY 2016.
Among other important payment and regulatory policy updates, our panel of Wipfli health care practice experts will help you make sense of new regulations by discussing the following:
- Physician fee schedule, OPPS, and ASC payment updates
- Primary care and chronic care management changes
- Medicare billing changes for Rural Health Clinics
- Changes to global services and access to telehealth services
- Items and services to be “packaged” or included in payment for a primary service
- Off campus provider-based departments
- Payment-related changes and coding updates including comprehensive ambulatory payment classifications (C-APCs)
Overview of the two-midnight rule, critical access hospital 96-hour physician certification, and requirements for coverage of Part A inpatient hospital claims.