This webinar was recorded on January 10, 2017. Click the Download button to watch the recording and to view the presentation slides.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) recently issued the final rules that update payment policies and payment rates for services furnished under the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (PFS), the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System (OPPS), and Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC) Payment System.
This webinar provides you with an overview of Medicare’s final rules and changes for hospitals and rural health providers most affected by the 2017 changes and focuses on the following:
- Items and services to be “packaged” or included in payment for a primary service including laboratory services
- Off campus provider-based departments and Medicare Fee Schedule versus OP PPS payment rates
- Payment-related changes and coding updates including comprehensive ambulatory payment classifications (C-APCs) including revisions to imaging services
- Changes to NCCI edit processing of outpatient claims that span more than 24 hours
- Inpatient only procedure list revisions
- Payment for Specified Covered Outpatient Drugs (SCODs)
We will also include highlights of the final 2017 Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) rule which updates Medicare payment policies and rates for inpatient stays at general acute care and long-term care hospitals for FY 2017.