This webinar was recorded on February 22, 2018. Click on the Download buttons to watch the recording and to view the presentation slides.
If your organization is focusing on future growth, it is now more important than ever for manufacturing leaders to focus on strategies to find and keep good employees. Do we pay more? To who and why? Automate more? Combine jobs? Invest more in training? Aggressively recruit?
The skills gap will continue to widen and workforce availability will continue to decline through at least 2025 (according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics) and then slowly improve. The impact is significant for business planning, and with so many “moving parts” it is no easy task to proactively address.
In this webinar, Deb Marshall, a seasoned HR professional with more than 25 years of experience, explores options and ideas you can consider doing today to improve your ability to both find a supply of new workers and develop/retain your existing workforce (plant and professional).
Webinar topic highlights:
- The business case for an “amped up” approach to workforce and talent management
- Money helps but . . . if you pay more, will they come? And stay?
- Rethinking how you recruit: Proactive acquisition and marketing strategies
- Employment branding and the “employee value proposition”
- Building a better boss: The power of “stay interviews”
- Identifying and coaching high-potential employees for a career in manufacturing