Government COVID-19 relief made $25 billion available for the Treasury Department's Emergency Rent and Utility Assistance Program (ERA). Many community action agencies are now working with their states to take applications and disburse those ERA funds.
However, many agencies don’t have the technology tools they need to efficiently intake and process applications. With such an increase in volume, the need to staff up may seem apparent — but efficient use of technology can make a world of difference in cutting down application times and streamlining the entire process.
Wipfli works with community action agencies that need to administer new technology immediately in order to disburse funding to those in need. We partnered with Community Action Partnership of Kern (CAPK) to administer a rental assistance program in response to COVID-19.
With Wipfli, CAPK was able to:
- Vastly cut down on manual and duplicate data entry
- Improve their intake process and customer satisfaction, as well as solve an overwhelming number of phone-call applications
- Automate scoring and verification
- Quickly and easily compile application packets for the housing authority
- Increase security around sensitive information
Learn more about how CAPK achieved these benefits, and how your community action agency can do the same, by downloading our free webinar.