Steven A. Jordan, CPA
Steve Jordan is a senior manager in Wipfli LLP’s manufacturing and distribution, nonprofit and government, construction and real estate, and employee benefit practices. His more than 10 years of diverse audit and tax experience allow him to see each entity as a whole and enable him to offer suggestions for improvement in many different areas of an entity or company. In addition to his client responsibilities, Steve is highly involved in training and mentoring new staff at Wipfli.Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) - Member
- Illinois CPA Society (ICPAS) - Member
- Highland Community College Accounting Advisory Oversight Board - Member
- Stockton Fireworks Committee - Member
- Frequent speaker and presenter on various accounting topics
Areas of Focus
- Manufacturing and distribution
- Construction and real estate
- Government audits for school districts, villages, and cities
- 401(k), 403(b), and ESOP employee benefit plans
- Tax planning and preparation
EducationNorthern Illinois University
- Bachelor of science degree in accounting
What the FASB is working on this summer
Jul 12, 2021
Accounting for PPP loans: Is it a loan or a grant?
Feb 11, 2021
Top 10 accounting tips to make life easier
Aug 22, 2019
How Unfair Is Wayfair to You?
Jan 14, 2019
Are You Smarter Than an Intern?
Apr 19, 2017
Materiality - What Is It Good For?
Mar 01, 2017
Keys to Minimizing Surprises in Your Audit
Jan 09, 2017
Top 10 Budgeting Tips for Your Business
Nov 01, 2016