October is National Cybersecurity Awareness Month. As a 2017 NSCAM Champion, Wipfli is deploying a “30 Tips in 30 Days” campaign – daily security tips to help you protect yourself, your family, your business, and employees from online dangers. Sign-up today at www.wipfli.com/signup30tips.
In addition to receiving the implementing the daily tips, here are some additional activities you should consider for your business during the month of October to promote awareness:
- Conduct Employee Cybersecurity Training – There are helpful and free tools to assist at www.StaySafeOnline.org.
- Test Emergency Communication – Conduct an all-employee notification drill to test how quickly emergency messages can be distributed and verify that the contact information is correct.
- Clean Desk Check – Ensure all confidential information is secured by doing a walk-through of your office and provide positive reinforcement for employees who keep the workplace secure.
- Phish your Employees – Conduct an email phishing campaign to see how many employees are following policies and best practices for online communication.
- Ransomware Exercise – Facilitate a drill to simulate how to respond to a ransomware incident.
- Backup and Recovery – Make sure that your data is successfully backed up and verify that it can be restored by testing.
If you need guidance or assistance with any of these activities, please contact us. Learn more about Wipfli’s cybersecurity services at wipfli.com/cybersecurity. For more information about NCSAM and how to participate in a wide variety of activities, visit www.staysafeonline.org/ncsam. You can also follow and use the official NCSAM hashtag #CyberAware on Twitter throughout the month.