Construction and real estate year end tax strategies
Dec 02, 2020
Addressing potential tax savings at year end is an activity you typically do each year, but this hasn’t been a typical year. Watch this recorded webinar to learn about these top four areas with the potential to quickly generate or retain cash during these uncertain times.
- Cost Segregation, 179D and §45L energy-efficiency deduction/credit
- How do these specific tax techniques work?
- What happens if I decide to sell the property soon after the study is done?
- Illustration of how this works and the potential tax savings
- CARES Act opportunities
- Qualified Improvement Property
- NOL Carrybacks and their comeback
- Section 1031 tax-free exchanges
- Unique strategies around §1031s Reverse Exchange
- Construction exchanges
- Same-taxpayer issues
- What happens when only some of the owners want to stay in a §1031 deal? Example of how this works.
- Opportunity Zones
- Opportunity Zones 101 – How these work and has anything changed?
- Example of what a simple fund looks like and illustration of the benefits