Internal audit helps management monitor risk-management effectiveness on an ongoing basis. Certified and seasoned professionals identify potential weaknesses and offer practical recommendations to improve internal controls and reduce risk. Whether outsourced, co-sourced, or used on an as-needed basis, internal audit services provide flexible delivery options. Services include:
- Internal control risk assessments
- Risk-based audit planning
- Operational audits
- Independent and objective analysis
- Special project needs
- Internal auditor training
- Internal auditor workpaper review and mentoring
- External Quality Assessments of the internal audit function in accordance with The Institute of Internal Audit (IIA) Professional Standards
- Self-Assessment with Independent External Validations of the internal audit function in accordance with IIA Professional Standards
- Advice and consultation on internal control issues, control design, and risk-reduction strategies
Sara Mikuta, CPA, CGMA, CIA, CRMASara brings over 30 years of experience and leads a team responsible for the development and delivery of internal audit services, regulatory compliance examination services, loan portfolio services, information technology services, and fiduciary and trust services. Her depth of knowledge and experience provides her clients with the necessary tools to be successful in their endeavors.
Robert D. Cedergren, CPA, CGMA, CITP, CISA, CISSP, CISM, CGEIT, CCSFPBob is the leader of Wipfli’s risk advisory services practice. Leveraging his 20+ years of experience, Bob provides consulting services to clients in the areas of risk management and is a frequent speaker and author on risk management-related topics including risk assessments, business continuity planning, and management of internal controls.