Marion Body Works is an independent, family-owned manufacturer of cost-competitive, engineered truck bodies. Located in Marion, Wisconsin, since 1905, Marion Body Works products are designed to stand the test of time.
Since 1905, Marion Body Works products have been designed to stand the test of time. However, when Marion's controller resigned, its accounting could have been compromised.
A Wipfli accounting expert, trained in part-time controllership worked with Marion Body Works to quickly learn everything possible about its accounting systems. To keep their accounting information on track, Wipfli served as a consulting controller and set up initiatives that maintained the company’s accounting functions without interruption.
- Ensured steady cash inflow by maintaining the billing and collection cycle
- Maintained corporate confidentiality
- Assured availability of current reports and financial information
- Generated prompt month-end closings and financial statements
Wipfli's recommendations helped reduce costs and enhance existing revenue streams, reenergizing the entire company.
- Experienced record year in sales and orders
- Allowed for extra time to conduct a thorough search for a controller candidate
- Obtained resources not available internally