Sales and Use Tax Update for Wisconsin Contractors
3/8/2018 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM (CT)
Name: Alexis Abrahamsen
Are you keeping up-to-date on all the changes in sales tax rules for construction projects? Over the past few years, there have been various sales tax legislation changes impacting contractors, including:
- Lump sum contractor provisions.
- Flow through exemption on certain qualified nonprofit organizations and governmental entities.
- Special rules for a professional sports stadium project (Milwaukee Bucks).
- Special rules for a Foxconn project.
- Extension of lump sum provisions to time-and-materials or cost-plus projects.
- Extension of exempt entity exemption to UW system and technical colleges.
- Determination of 10% test at general contractor level not at each individual contractor subcontractor level.
Brush up on your knowledge of how sales and use taxes need to be factored into your bids and the support you need to document the exemption. Don’t let a 5% sales tax impact cause you to lose a bid.
Have you ever had a question that you wanted to ask but didn’t want to ask someone from the Department of Revenue for fear of triggering an audit? Send your questions in advance to email@example.com, and the speakers will incorporate them anonymously into the presentation.
They will also address common audit issues affecting contractors. As time permits, additional questions can be asked.